Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oh Bordeaux

So one of my recent food explorations has been in Bordeaux wines.  I'm a red wine lover, and have long enjoyed the big, bold cabernets from the West coast.  Sure I had tried Bordeaux (you know, the French stuff) now and then, but had never really taken the time to learn about it, compare it, taste it, think about it, and discover just how miraculous this stuff really is.  Through a series of recent Bordeaux tastings, I feel like I'm getting there.  If you like wine, you know that moment when you pick up a glass, give it a swirl, take a sniff and are lured into a secret world of ecstasy by the aroma alone.  To then take a sip and feel that delight of so many flavors harmoniously dancing in your mouth just seals the deal.  These are the wines I am constantly in search of.  I drink many I consider to be nice "table wines", inexpensive, fine for sipping on a random evening, but every now and then I need something to just wow me.  One that did this for me recently was a 2005 La Fleur de Bouard Lalande-de-Pomerol, Chateau La Fleur Saint Georges.  Amazing. That's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment